A beautiful chapter in my life was closed today with the passing away of my pet Lab. 10 yrs of togetherness without any bitter memories. The void is difficult for any one to fathom.
I knew his time has come and I guess he knew too. He kept on going for me, for my brother. Last night I took a call to let him go, a very difficult decision but I could not see him suffer. Universe had started sending me signs that his time was up. I was in denial though a small bit of me was harboring that fear. I was hoping against hope that he would pull through.
Sings that the universe sends prepares you for the worst but he was too special for me to even imagine giving up. To begin with a friend of mine told me about a dogs battle with cancer last year and my pet got the exact ailment in a few months time. It was as if I saw a trailer before the actual movie. In 10yrs for the first time we lost his leash, his feeding bowl for last so many years broke. One after another events unleashed that slowly took him away from me.
The five months that he was ill, not once did I thought of it as pain to take care of him. I still thought he could make it and he tried his level best to keep my hope alive. The vet said he is alive because we do not want him to go, he was in severe pain but never let us know that.
I wonder where he is now, who is there to take care of him. I hope he gets the love and affection that we showered on him. To all those who took him away from us , please ensure he is cared for the way we did. I hope you are listening
No comments:
Post a Comment