Friday, February 10, 2012

One eyed Kings(Queens)

The other day I saw my mother teaching my dad how to access a contact directory and how to save a contact on a cell phone. This comes from a lady who while answering a call using her flip phone, uses the answer button to answer the call, without realizing that when you open a ringing flip phone, you have actually answered the call.

All these are not relevant to my dad, who thinks she is a guru when it comes to cell phone operation. She is the queen in the land of people where the subjects are like my dad, with zero technical knowledge. He was ardently listening to every word of instruction provided to him.

They have their respective areas where they excel and try their mastery on each other. My dad bluffs a lot about politics which is not reality but his take on the general political condition. My mother takes it as the gospel’s truth. When it comes to politics he is the one eyed king.

They keep me out of their conversation as I am two eyed person and will question and challenge them. Enlightened ones like me have no status in their kingdom. The other day after Supreme Court gave a reprieve to our Home Minister P Chidambaram; my dad started his political sermons. The audience was only my mother.

He said “ P Chidambaram is a Brahmin and he is called Chidambaram because he contest and won a parliament seat from a town called “Chidambaram”. Can any thing be more wrong than this!!!

I thought my mom will challenge him this time, but to my dismay I found her accepting every word he was saying. I challenged my dad , he said he is ready to pay me 1000Rs if his sermon is proved wrong. This was my chance..chance to prove to my mom that her teacher’s credentials are questionable.

I zoomed on Wikepedia and my Dad ‘s statement was no where close to reality. The one eyed king lost!! His subject was left confused, how the king could lose! The kingdom shook. I grinned my way to the bank J

No comments:

Post a Comment