Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Programs and error code

Winter vacations are on in Mumbai, the air smells of holidays, shopping and all the festivities around Christmas. The winter chill is absent in Mumbai this time, it is going to be a warm Christmas .

Yesterday while I was taking a walk, I saw young mothers who have already wrapped their small kids in winter wear! I could see sweaters, mufflers, monkey caps..phew! and all this when the max temperature in this city is around 32 and min around 21. I think parents are programmed that irrespective of what the weather conditions are on the ground, if it is December then you have to take the woolies out. Poor kids I could sense how uncomfortable they would be feeling. I am amazed at these parents, have they lost their weather sense? Surprisingly they themselves are dressed in their summer gear but loves to torture their kids with winter wear..

Life’s routine installs some program within us with triggers that activate this program based on timing. One such trigger is the doorbell. My mother knows the exact time when knock signals delivery of milk or collection of garbage. If one of them is late, then she ends greeting the milk man with trash bag!. Program has triggers based on time with no other safe guard built. The parents who packed their kids are also a victim of such not so efficient programs. Winter is late, but they have already packed their kids thanks to the trigger December. Wish I could flash them an error code.

No comments:

Post a Comment